Brick Glossary

Search for glossary terms (regular expression allowed)
Term Definition

A method entailing stepping back successive courses of masonry.


A groove in a joint or special unit to receive roofing or flashing.


Reinforced brick masonry.

Reinforced Masonry

Masonry units, reinforcing steel, grout and/or mortar combined to act together in resisting forces.


Any surface turned back from the face of a principal surface.


That portion of a jamb or recess which is visible from the face of a wall.


A brick laid on its face edge so that the normal bedding area is visible in the wall face. Frequently spelled rolok.

Stay in Touch with Us

Stay informed on upcoming events

Monthly newsletter featuring new product trends