Celebrating 100 Years
Peninsula Building Materials (PBM) celebrates its 100th-year anniversary in 2023. Since 1923, we have supplied building materials and supplies to builders and households across the Bay Area. Our values of family, service, and tradition can be seen throughout our storied history.
See photos from our Open House
Thanks to Meshoppen Stone
Custom PBM 1923 License Plate
Bricks & Balloons
PBM History Museum
Thanks to Bubbles & Brew
Pete & Newspaper Boy
Thanks to Kindred, Cultured & Eldorado Stone
Thanks to our Newspaper Boy Up-charging Patrick
Thanks to MSI
Long time partnerships
Thanks to Lompoc Stone & Mutual Materials
Thanks to MG Home, Inland Stone & Glacier Stone Supply
Thanks to K2 Stone, Inland & Sydney Peak Stone
Thanks to Belgard & Calstone
Thanks to North Star Stone & SUI
Thanks to Knife River & Marquoit Masonry
Thanks to Buechel Stone
Thanks to our transportation partners
Thank you to General Shale
History of Peninsula Building Materials
Harry Morey jr. transforms “Harry B. Morey and Sons” into Peninsula Building Materials, a more specialized business of building materials and plastering supplies.
The first yard is officially opened on El Camino Real in Menlo Park.
With the end of WWII and America’s improved interstate highway system, PBM gained access to a more diversified selection of products from all over the country.
Peninsula Building Materials and the Morey family are featured on the cover of Sunset Magazine.
The development of the Bay Area continued in the South Bay, where orchards turned to neighborhoods.
PBM established its second location in Sunnyvale to meet the new demand for building materials in the area.
The third generation of Morey’s take on larger roles at PBM, including John jr. as president and his cousins Joe jr, Marty, and Donald as different managerial roles..
PBM’s growing business inspires a relocation from their original yard in Menlo Park to the current Redwood City yard on Seaport Blvd.
This location supports customers from Atherton, Palo Alto, Redwood City, Menlo Park, San Francisco and throughout Northern California.
PBM continued to expand south with the establishment of the San Martin yard.
With eight acres of inventory this yard supplies to customers in Monterey County and south Santa Clara county.
To showcase our impressive feats of masonry, PBM constructed the Masonry Showroom in Mountain View.
The showroom allows our customers to be inspired and visualize their dream projects.
PBM expands to the Tri-Valley area with the opening of the Livermore yard.
Our largest yard to date spans 10 acres and supplies customers in Pleasanton, Walnut Creek, Alamo, Danville, Diablo, and Orinda.
PBM’s Sunnyvale yard is relocated to Santa Clara.
This new yard supplies to customers in Los Gatos, Saratoga, San Jose, Cupertino, and Los Altos.
PBM celebrates our 100 year anniversary!